The objectives of this session are to introduce Penang Halal International to the consulates and explain the market opportunities offered by Penang Halal International (PHI). Through this luncheon, PHI and the consulates held bilateral discussions to promote the globalization of the halal industry. Proposals for collaboration between PHI and consulates were additionally discussed. This session was conducted in Hall 7, St Giles Hotel, Penang and attended by, YB Dato’ Abdul Halim Hussain, Penang State Exco for Trade, Industry & Entrepreneur Development, And Chairman of Penang Halal International, Mr. Fazil Irwan Som, The Chief Executive Officer, Penang Halal International, and Mr. Faizal Ibrahim, The former Principal Assistant Director of the Halal Management Division. Other attendees were:
1. Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia in Penang
• His Excellency, Mr. Bambang Suharto, Indonesia’s Consul General,
• Mr. Kiki Tjahjo Kusprabowo, Economic Consul 1,
• Mr. Aryadi Ramadhan, Economic Consul 2
2. Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China in Penang
• His Excellency, Ms. Zheng Fang, The Consul
3. Consulate of the Russian Federation.
• His Excellency, Mr. Teoh Seng Lee, Honorary Consul
4. Consulate of people of Bangladesh
• His Excellency, Dato’ Shaik Ismail Allaudin, Consul general,
• Mr. Mahbub Alam Shah, Director of Bangladesh-Malaysia chamber of commerce and industry
5. Mr. Akira Takano, Deputy Factory Manager of Taiki Manufacturing
6. Mrs. Rosliza Masri, Quality Assurance Manager.